Seven-Point Security vs. Software Publisher Patches
When switching from Oracle support to third-party software support, Oracle customers are often concerned about the loss of quarterly software patches. In discussions, we explain how the reality of software patching often does not meet the promise of the security measure, because:
- Patches are not timely (in fact, they can be months or years late).
- Patches are one-size-fits-all and may be problematic for customizations.
- Patches may not be available for older product versions and applications.
- Patches require valuable time to test and install.
- Many organizations do not patch or patch regularly due to operational constraints.
Spinnaker Support’s Security Solution exceeds the reliance on patches alone because patches are only a partial solution for critical vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs). Instead, Spinnaker Support’s framework covers a wider range of security issues through multiple processes and products, including hardening and vulnerability management, and products for virtual patching and intrusion detection and prevention.
Spinnaker Support security services are responsive, on-demand, and multilayered. We treat every reported incident as a P1 ticket, and we respond to every ticket within 15 minutes. Vulnerability management is a critical point in our security solution, and our global security professionals continue to work until the security issue is properly addressed.