A global supplier of purity materials for the life sciences and advanced technology markets, continually evaluates business operations to drive cost savings initiatives across the organization. The company’s SAP production systems were stable, and they had no plans to upgrade to a newer application version in the near future. Given the stable nature of the installed systems, the Company saw little to no return from the continuous rise in the cost of vendor-provided maintenance support. They sought to:
- Reduce IT spend on SAP support
- Increase the level of customer service
- Ensure their portfolio of SAP software was well maintained and would meet future needs
- Receive support that was proactive and responsive, provided by industry experts that would gain knowledge and understanding of their environments
- Ensure support is delivered by a company that is focused on the company’s needs and satisfaction and is easy to do business with while being financially stable
The company began investigating third-party support options and quickly realized key distinctions between what the vendor support model had to offer in comparison to that of the personalized support offered by Spinnaker Support. They sought to reduce their SAP software maintenance fees while significantly improving their level of support through personalized service with ready access to experienced support personnel. The company desired a partner with the SAP competency, global infrastructure, proven support methods, and strict business practices to mitigate any potentials risks of the desired change, one who would deliver the value they deserved for every dollar spent.
One of the main reasons the company chose Spinnaker Support was our willingness to align support fees with actual licenses used, not licensed software that was never implemented. This unique approach allows a much larger reduction in annual maintenance fees. The company was also impressed with Spinnaker Support’s Technology Center of Excellence, which is available for support on virtualizations, interoperability, security, and future upgrades or cloud migration plans – all a part of Spinnaker’s standard support agreement